Wills and Will Trusts
We offer a comprehensive range of will writing services and solutions to meet your individual needs, but what does a will do?
- Names your Executors
- Names Guardians for your children
- Helps to preserve your property for your beneficiaries
- Distributes your estate
- Can help to mitigate Inheritance Tax (IHT)
Remember that without a will;
- If you’re not married, your partner may not receive anything
- If you have children, the courts will appoint guardians in the absence of your instructions
- If you have children from a previous relationship, they may receive very little in the event of your death
- The people you would like to benefit from your estate may not receive anything
- Are very important in bloodline planning
- In some cases mitigates nursing home fees
- Makes sure the assets in the trust go to the intended beneficiary
- Give gifts to family whilst maintaining a level of control
You may have complex affairs that require discussion – have you been married before? Do you live with a partner who owns the house you live in? Do you have children from previous relationships?
No problem, Platinum Financial Services are here to guide you through the Estate Planning process and provide a personalised will writing service.
Lasting Powers of Attorney
When people become unable to look after their own affairs, they generally want those closest to them to look after their affairs on their behalf. People often assume that this is an automatic right, even if they, for example, have savings or investments in their sole name. But this is not necessarily the case and where no representatives (attorneys) are pre-appointed, they may have to apply to the Court of Protection. Sometimes the court will appoint a court official instead of a person’s relatives.
So what is the solution?
A Lasting Power of Attorney is a legal document that lets you (the ‘donor’) appoint people (known as ‘attorneys’) to make decisions on your behalf should you become unable to make your own. There are 2 types of lasting power of attorney.
CONTACT US TODAY